Meeting the Needs of Traumatized Israelis
Thanks to the generous donations of Christians around the world, we have been able to assist vulnerable and traumatized communities near Gaza both prior to and during the current crisis. We have provided communication devices, bomb shelters, and other practical tools to help them cope with the trauma that comes with the attacks on the region. This support sends an important message to Israelis that they are not alone. This assistance especially helps strengthen those living on the front lines of battle, increasing their resilience during distressing times.
The ICEJ is currently responding with emergency relief efforts that include:
- Providing crisis evacuation assistance by helping more than 4,000 displaced Israelis.
- Helping devastated communities rebuild. Many families lost everything in the October 7 attacks—their homes and communities were decimated— together we will help them start over.
- Providing bomb shelters in public places so that residents can go about their daily lives on the front lines with greater peace of mind. About 30% of Israelis (2.6 million) do not have access to functional bomb shelters near their homes, including over 250,000 civilians who live near the Gaza and Lebanese borders – areas under the highest threat of rocket attack.
- Providing protective vests and other gear for volunteer security and first responder teams who are on the front lines 24/7.
- Supporting trauma relief for those impacted by terror. Prior to the war, our work centered on the the Gaza periphery communities, where resilience centers and trauma counsellors helped families and children deal with the immense anxiety and the long-term impact of the incessant rocket and terror attacks. While that work continues, we are currently helping those impacted by the war with therapy sessions for children and families. Additionally we are helping train counseling professionals as the needs in Israel are great at the moment.
- Assisting with social welfare projects which are providing basic aid and relief to desperate and disadvantaged Israeli families. We are on the frontlines of Israel’s battle to defend itself from jihadist terrorism.
Thank you for standing with us as we continue to respond to the destructive impact of the recent conflict with Hamas in Gaza. Please continue to support our efforts in relieving the trauma experienced by Israeli families living on the Gaza border.